September 2, 2012

Musical Insight

Vinterriket | Landschaften ewiger Einskamkeit (2004)

I listen to a lot of different styles of music. It has always inspired me, it has always been there whenever I have made artwork. When I'm making art, I choose to listen to music that fits along with the artwork that I am creating. Even some times I try to create artwork that relates directly to a specific album or song that has deeply inspired me. This is the case with my latest focus on a series of paintings I have been working on. The title "Landscapes of Eternal Loneliness" is taken from this album "Landschaften ewiger Einsamkeit", which is just translated from German to English.
The album is contains six tracks passing the 10 minute mark. While each track is composed of desolate, ambient instrumental soundscapes that paint a gloomy winter atmosphere for the listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment